Learn why gambling is hard for you to control, and how to conquer it
You’ve been gambling for years. It started out as a bit of fun. Maybe the pokies, maybe horses or footy, an online bet here or there. Some of your mates or friends do it too and it’s something you talk about. It might even feel good at times, or in short spurts if you win, and reminds you of when you were a kid, or easier times.
When Gambling Isn’t Fun Anymore
It doesn’t always feel so fun now though. You find yourself lying about where you’ve been, or just not talking about it, especially the losses. You find reasons to justify the time or money you’ve spent gambling (to yourself or others) because you know it’s getting out of hand.
Others seem to be able to be more in control but you just can’t seem to stop even though you’ve had enough and you’d like to.
You find yourself being drawn to it time and time again like a moth to a flame. Being burnt doesn’t stop you. It seems attractive again and again until afterwards when you’ve lost more money… again.
At Make Changes we’ve helped many people change the way they think about gambling so it just doesn’t have the same appeal anymore. We look at what’s been going on for you and what you’d like so you can stop gambling altogether or reduce gambling to the level you’d like. We don’t tell you what to do, we work together with you to help you achieve what you want.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could quit gambling or reduce gambling (whichever you prefer) without feeling like you’re losing or missing out on something? Hypnosis can help you to feel and think differently about your connection to the addiction or habit and what you would like to be doing instead.
Here’s how hypnotherapy can help you get gambling under control
- Understand the reason why you gamble – A lot of types of gambling are designed to keep you coming back, but learn why you find it harder to walk away or stay away. Everyone has their own unique reasons why they gamble (and why they want to stop), from happy memories, to avoiding sitting still and thinking, or simply boredom. We can help you better understand the why, deal with the issues and gain control.
- Learn how to think about gambling differently – You may have both positive and negative emotions surrounding gambling, we can help you take the emotion out of it and allow you to make decisions based on what you really want.
- Be in control of if, how, when and how much you gamble – Not everyone needs (or wants) to entirely quit gambling. Maybe you just want to reduce how much, or how often. We want you to be in control, so that you can choose.
- Feel more in control of your life and reduce the need to gamble – For many people, there are triggers that lead to the gambling. We can help you address these root causes. Once we help you work through these, you will feel more at ease, happier, more productive, more connected and be less drawn to gambling.
- Gambling felt like an escape, but we help to give you other choices – We work with you to find out why you may be looking for an escape and help show you other ways that you could deal with it. So whether you are gambling at the pokies, online, TAB, at the races or the casino, we can help you.
Making a range of changes to the way you think and feel will help you be more in control of your gambling habits quite quickly. How quickly depends on what is going on for you and we can give you a better idea of what is likely when we chat over the phone.
Will this addiction just go away by itself? To make lasting changes you need to be prepared to do things differently. Many people find that once the underlying issues are dealt with, the desire for gambling naturally reduces. But until you deal with these underlying issues, the draw can be hard to resist. Working through these issues helps to remove the attraction rather than simply relying on pure will power.
Why is this important to work on? Everyone’s situation is different, but for most people that see gambling as something they need to reduce, it’s impacting both money as well as relationships. Generally, a strong desire to gamble indicates that you are feeling stressed and out of control, getting these under control will help you in every aspect of your life.
What could happen if I don’t work on this? – For many, gambling can hit a point where it causes irreparable (or at least long term) damage to their lives. It can split up families, ruin friendships, hurt your self-esteem and cause long term financial distress. Starting to address this now is always the best option.
How fast will I see results? Within a matter of a couple of weeks or less, many of our clients are starting to see positive changes.
What sorts of methods do we use? We use a range of methods including NLP, hypnosis and other proven tools. We teach some of these to you so you can keep your gambling under control, feel better about yourself and have a more enjoyable life.
How do I know it will work for me? We have a chat before you book in to see if we think this will be right for you. Usually if you are willing to engage and follow our suggestions, you can expect to see a range of positive changes.
We work out a step by step program, tailored to you, so it suits you and your goals.
If that sounds like something you’d like to hear more about then make contact today.
No more beating yourself up. No more thinking about stopping gambling and then going right back to it again and again.
Let’s work together to help you get more out of life and get you back to winning in a way that really counts and where the odds are stacked in your favour.
Call 1800 760 249, or fill out this form here and let’s get the ball rolling in the direction you’d like today. Odds are it’ll work for you 😉